Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Thinking Out Side The Box" recipe ~ Corn Muffins!


OK ~ every now & than I do come up with something on my own and after years of trial and error with so many recipes, I am finally discovering what works and what doesn't.



And yes, I still make many mistakes but when something works ~ it really works!



Take a simple store-bought box of corn muffin mix...



Substitute a few ingredients, add a little bit more...



And there you have it, your own personal creation!



All you need a store bought box of your favorite Corn Muffin mix...


Where the recipe (on the box) calls for water ~ substitute it for 3/4 of the measured water with milk and 1/4 with half & half..."my chosen brand of boxed muffin mix said it would only make 5 muffins and I wanted six...so I added a little Bisquick and a little bit more milk and half & half to the boxed contents. "


Once you divide up blended mixture (and even for simple jobs like this one I always use my Kitchen Aid Artisan) in the greased muffin pan, add a pat of butter to the top of each pre-baked muffin and also a nice drizzle of sugar.


Bake according to the directions on the box...and there you have it!


Easy corn muffins that you can call all your own!
These sweet & buttery corn muffins are sure to be a hit ~ anytime!!!!!

Sorry about the photo shown above, but my family attack them before I even had a chance to get a picture of all full dozen I made!


For me it is all about making any recipe ~ your own. And while there are days I find it hard to make everything from scratch, I do find myself trying to tweak up the simplest of prepared foods...thus calling it "Thinking Out Side The Box".

No comments:

Post a Comment