Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simple Red Sauce Recipe!


You see, I am truly all about all recipes simple! And seeing how many of these recipes come from my amazing & large Italian family ~ they too cooked with simple ingredients and used easy steps to make some wonderful dishes!

This next recipe is one that I came up with on my own (with a little advise from my mom)!

It is my Simple Red Sauce Recipe!


When I make this simple sauce, I make a ton of it for freezing to enjoy on a later date!

All you need is...

4 - 29oz cans of Hunt Sauce...

1 small can of Hunt Tomato Paste

2 lbs of green peppers (sliced)

2 large onions - chopped

3 teaspoons of Spice World minced garlic (found the the veggie section in a glass jar)

and

some pure olive oil.

In a large sauce pot...heat olive oil, chopped onion and garlic until onions and garlic start turning brown. Add sliced peppers into the mix and stir. Than add all four cans of Hunt Sauce and tomato paste. Stir ingredients all together. Add a little bit of water to the mixture (about 3/4 of a cup) and stir again. Let sauce cook to a boil than lower heat & simmer for about 4 hours!

It is really that easy and oh so good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment