Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Mom's Sausage Sauce with a little something extra from me!





My Mom's Sausage Sauce...
with a little something extra from me!



First comes the recipe for this delicious sauce!





ingredients:

1 1/2 medium onion chopped

4 tsp minced garlic

pure olive oil

2 lbs of crumbled sausage

5 large cans of Hunt Sauce (29oz each)

1 large can of Hunts Paste (18oz)

1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil or parsley

2 tsp of fresh ground cinnamon (yes ~ cinnamon~)

Cook & Drain sausage. Once cooked rinsed and than crumble into small pieces. In a big pot, heat olive oil that will cover the complete bottom of pot, add in chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until garlic starts to turn a brown. Than add sausage and cook some more (for about 5 minutes) than add cans of Hunts sauce and paste...also add a little bit of water to sauce. Bring that to a semi boil and add basil and cinnamon to sauce. Bring back to semi boil. Once semi boiling, cover pot and reduce heat. Cook for 4 hours!

I bet you can guess what I added in the recipe to make this all my own. Yep you guessed it, it is the cinnamon. I LOVE the taste of cinnamon! And seeing how this small amount that I added in this sauce ~ adds just the right sweetness this sauce was screaming for!

Did I even mention I love cooking with my mom! She just has this way around the kitchen, that everything she makes...is AMAZING (well everything except her ham...don't ever come a running if she mentions she is making ham). The older I got, the more I appreciated & enjoyed just watching her cook in the kitchen. It seems that whenever I go home, that's is where we always end up. In the kitchen ~ cooking some amazing food!

No comments:

Post a Comment