Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Two ~ my twisted Asian dressing


It has taken me at least twenty different recipes ~ all trail & error ~ to come up with the I think is the best recipe for an Asian Salad Dressing! With using one ingredient from each of the twenty recipes I have tried and failed to taste, I finally came up with a keeper...



You take...


1/2 cup of sugar


3/4 of vegetable cooking oil


1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar


2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce


and a dash of ground ginger


Place all the listed above ingredients into a saucepan. While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil making sure the sugar & ginger have dissolved completely. Let dressing cool and refrigerate over night.

The next day, stir dressing until blended well ~ almost creamy ~ and top over crisp romaine lettuce with some blanched slivered almonds!

This recipe is truly a combination of ~ as I stated early in this post ~ 20 recipes! With every recipe tried, the dressings never tasted what I felt Asian dressing should taste like...something sweet with a bit of a zing and it should be creamy & I mean creamy. I first tried out my newest creation on my mom when she came down for a visit this past March and I truly think she was taken by surprise how good it actually tasted! For she ate several bowls of lettuce that weekend...always using my dressing.

I always tend to double this recipe for it is a hit with everyone who tries it!

No comments:

Post a Comment